Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Update

I don't have time to post pictures : ( But here's a little update on us, for my own record:

Clay just finished his second semester of grad school. He got straight A's again : ) I'm so proud of him. He's working hard and enjoying it. Unfortunately the timing of having Capri has been a little rough with Clay's schedule. He's had at least two big tests every week since she was born. And then right after finishing finals last week, he went straight to work at the hospital and did four 12 hour shifts. NOW he has a little break until Tuesday for Memorial day. I can't express how glad I am for the break. I feel a bit like I've been a single Mom the past couple of weeks, and with Ellery no longer taking naps, and Capri nursing every two hours, it's been a little...exhausting. I love what I do more than anything, but it isn't always easy. Sometimes even playing "barbie and bunny" (E's favorite thing to do), is hard. I don't know how single moms do it, or women whose husbands work crazy hours all the time.

Update on Ellery:
She is doing SO much better. She is incredibly patient with me taking care of Capri. She is doing a little better with playing independently, and she's doing a million times better with the tantrums. She's still having a little hard time with strangers though...

She could not be sweeter to Capri. She loves her so much. I'm sure they will be best friends. I can already see they have a special bond. Ellery is very protective of Capri and always wants her to be happy. She says, "who who" like an owl and claps her hands to try to make Capri happy (she came up with that on her own). She often states "Capri happy, not sad" when Capri is happy. When Capri cries she says, "Capri need milk" or "Capri need paci." She likes to tell me if "Capri sleeping" or "Capri awake, not sleeping." She definitely pays attention to Capri now. She loves to say "Hi Capri." and enjoys seeing her first thing in the morning. She says Capri like, "Cuh-pee" with the emphasis on the first syllable, instead of "Cuh-pre" with the emphasis on the second syllable, like it's supposed to be. She also likes to talk about "tummy times" because Capri does tummy time several times a day. And sometimes when Capri cries, Ellery says, "Capri wants hold you."

Lately, when we don't understand what Ellery is saying, after repeating it a few times, she says, "nothing! nothing!" like, "obviously you aren't getting what I'm saying, so never mind! nothing!"

Ellery can't say her Zs, so she says, "you" instead of "zoo." She talks about the "you" ALL the time.
She says, "swimsoup" for "swimsuit" and loves to wear it.
She often says, "mmm yummy, and delicious too!"
She talks about Fruit Loops often, which is funny because we've only bought them once before. ha. I should probably buy them again for her. Obviously she really liked them...
She loves butter and we always have to explain that we don't eat butter plain.
She eats salad really well.
She has picky days and non picky days.

Update on Capri in my last post, other than I failed to mention that she had her first little cold. She had a really snotty nose for several days, but is over it. It wasn't bad though.

No comments:

Post a Comment