Just some things I want to remember about Ellery from lately:
We play "Window Sill" all the time. Basically that means we pull blinds up, and make her toys talk to each other while sitting on the window sill. Haha. She loves it. She often says, "Mommy! Come play window sill!"
She also says, "Mommy, talk to me!" whenever she thinks she's being ignored.
She says "so" all the time, like "Oh, it's so yellow!" and everything is "so cute."
She loves the 10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed song, and if something drops on the floor, she says, "Uh oh! One fell off!"
She loves nursery tales, like Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs and Goldie Locks and the Three Bears
Ellery loves bath time and plays until the water gets cold every time. Her favorite bath toys are her ponies.
She hasn't been in a coloring phase for a while, but she does love to paint and we do that often. She also loves it when I let her play with the scissors (yes, I'm careful!).
She is now REALLY into play dough, and we do it every day.
She helps me cook almost every time I'm preparing anything. It's now much less stressful and messy. She loves it so much, and I think it's a pretty fun, special bonding time to cook together in the kitchen : )
Clay used to bring home candy after every test (they'd pass it out at school during his tests), so now Ellery often goes through his backpack searching for candy, but there usually isn't candy in there anymore.
Ellery is doing great at the gym daycare most days. She seems to like it.
Her current favorite show is Dora the Explorer (although she still loves Mickey Mouse too). The show tells the kids to say and do things, and she does it all. She now occasionally responds in Spanish when I ask her a yes or no question, she'll say "Si." That would be Dora's influence...ha
Every outfit Ellery wears is based on a princess color. For example, if she's wearing yellow, she's Belle that day because Belle wears a yellow dress. When I pick out her clothes she'll say, "I want an Aurora shirt." That means she wants a pink shirt.
Ellery is still very protective of Capri, and she gets worried about her. If I leave Capri in the house for a second while I'm putting something outside, for example, Ellery will get really worried that I'm leaving her.
Ellery is extremely patient while I am nursing Capri, bathing her, and changing her diaper. She's not so patient though if I'm just rocking or holding Capri.
Capri cries every time we stop at a red light, so I've explained to Ellery that red means stop and green means go, so now every single time we stop, Ellery says, "Red means stop, green means go!" and then when it turns green she shouts, "Green means GO!!!" "Now Capri is happy!" because Capri does get immediately happy when we go, haha. The other day she said, "Green means happy. Red means crying."
Yesterday she randomly told me, "Capri needs Jesus Christ." So I got to explain to her about how we all need Jesus Christ. He is our Savior.
She likes Capri to sit in the bumbo on the table right in front of her when she's eating or doing a craft at the table.
Ellery is taking a few more naps lately. Still not often, but more than not at all, like it was : ) ha
She also sleeps from 8pm till 9am most days because of the lack of naps.
Love the update! Such a fun stage that E is in right now!
ReplyDelete