Thursday, September 18, 2014

Capri Monthly-5 months


9/17/14
Dear Miss Capri, your personality continues to be one of contentment, patience, and joy. You are the most pleasant baby. I took you to an all day women's conference with me recently, and I can't tell you how many women came up to me and told me what a happy, sweet baby I have. Several people remarked on the fact that you just sat there quite and happy during the whole conference. You are easy to please. You no longer demand being held all the time. You are actually quite content in your bumbo and exersauser, especially when you are watching your sister. Ellery makes you laugh like no one else. She adores you more than you'll ever know, and you sure look up to her. You love seeing her after you wake up. In fact, it's been a little bit of a problem lately. You are easily distracted by Ellery while I am nursing you. If she's around, you don't want to eat. You just want to watch her. And she feels the same about you. In fact, just today while you were napping, Ellery kept saying, "I want Capri to wake up!" You are her favorite. You are finally not spitting up nearly as often!! Although it's still a lot : ) ha. You are LOVING fruits and vegetables. You down your solid baby food, and we've mastered it, so that it's not even messy at all. You are wearing size 3 diapers and size 6-12 month clothes. You are sitting fairly well on your own with a boppy pillow around you propping you up. You roll over ever single time I lay you on your back, but you are usually happy when I change your diaper anyway. You are extremely grabby and love baby toys. You are in the water bottle phase, where you think plastic water bottles are the best thing on Earth. You put everything in your mouth and you are always chewing on your fingers. I can see your teeth well under a thin layer of your gums, so it's probably not too far off before they pop through. You love to Face Time/Skype with family. You still have minor cradle cap, and you've lost the majority of your hair, but have long, thin, blonde peach fuzz growing in underneath. You still aren't on much of a predictable schedule, but you do typically eat around 11pm and then again around 4:30 in the morning. We love you so much. You bring so much joy into our home.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I nursed baby 2 and 3, an older sibling was always a distraction!

    ReplyDelete