4/17/15
Happy Birthday, Capri! Can’t believe you are one already! You have been such a blessing to our little family. You are so mild and sweet natured. You are also independent and know what you want! This month you have gotten really good at standing on your own for several seconds. You can easily walk with us holding even just one of your hands. AND you even took your first steps a couple of days ago. Just 1-3 steps at a time, but it won’t be long! You definitely WANT to walk! You like to direct us where to go. You also point to things you want or where you want to go. You went from nursing 5 times a day to randomly weaning yourself about a week and a half ago down to only twice a day (around 6am and around 2:30pm). You eat so much for dinner that I guess you realized you didn’t need nursed in the evening or in the night any more (wahoo!!). So you are officially sleeping through the night. I never thought I’d see the day. You don’t eat much for breakfast, you like lunch, and you LOVE dinner. You will eat most things I give you, but not everything. You love sitting in our laps, but typically want down if we are standing and holding you. You are not a very snuggly baby. When you wake up the mornings, I take you into the bathroom and I hold you close while we look in the mirror. You always start waving to us in the mirror and I wave back. You generally wake up sleepy looking, but very pleasant. Not giggly with big smiles, but pleasant and calm (unlike your sister who has always struggled waking up). You are easy to put down and you only take a pacifier while you are sleeping. Still no words. Just “dada dada” and “ya ya ya” all the time. You love babies, the park, climbing, milk, being thrown in the air, dancing, and playing on the bed. Love you so much, Capri!

No comments:
Post a Comment