Okay, now that we've been married for almost a year, I'm finally giving in to the whole family blog thing. I doubt this will be as interesting as my sister-in-laws' blogs who have adorable kids that do funny and cute things all day long, but whatever. We take tons of photos and what's the point of taking them if you don't share them, right?
So here we go:
We were married November 27, 2009 in the Draper, UT temple.

Some of our bridal/groomal pictures on the Salt Flats and at the State Capital.
This photo was taken on our wedding day by my friend Sway who is an awesome photographer! (The temple and other two bridal/groomal photos are mine.)
This is us on the day Clay proposed to me : )
This is from before we were even engaged.
Me not wanting to go in the lake... (No, he didn't drop me. He's not dumb : P )
BYU fans!
Clay is quite busy with the nursing program here at BYU, work, and playing sports.
One of his many intramural teams.
Clay with all the nursing girls (there is only one other guy in his whole level! I've gotten used to this...ha).
He loves Ultimate Frisbee (oh wait, he loves every sport!).
He is a professional napper. Seriously.
Getting stuff ready for our wedding.
A photo I took for one of my classes recently. I've discovered I love shooting interiors!
I also do a lot of engagements, weddings, families, and things like that.
Take a look at my photography blog.
Something that takes up a lot of our time is this:
This is Gus, Allan's dog. He's pretty gross but we love him too.
Us with Allan. Isn't he cute?!
We love him to death although sometimes he can be difficult and sort of emotionally draining. I think it's a lot like being a parent, although I guess I wouldn't really know, since I'm not one. But I definitely can relate when I hear mothers talk about how precious nap time is. I try to squeeze as much in as I can during his precious nap hours every day.
So this is where we live right now:

that's the "kitchen." I'm hoping one day we'll have a kitchen that looks something more like this:
But really the whole house isn't THAT bad, although it is pretty dark and retro looking (the bad kind of retro, like blue shag carpet with who knows what living in it...).
Honestly I'm not complaining though. We love it. We are truly grateful and feel very blessed for our circumstances. We are saving a lot of money (we're getting PAID to live here!) and we enjoy taking care of Allan. Although we get paid to do it, it still feels kind of like service, and it's a satisfying job knowing that we make such a difference in someone's life. Plus we love our neighborhood and ward. We live so close to campus and love our beautiful yard. We have a gorgeous garden and about 70+ rose bushes. I've constantly had flowers on my table EVER since we moved here.
I'll miss the beautiful spring flowers this winter, but I do love fall
(photo I took a few weeks ago)
and I'm excited to make winter arrangements like this:
Overall, we're doing incedibly well. We're happy and busy. We have amazing family and friends.
The boys in my family.
The girls.
We're happy. We're young and loving it.
Come back and see our blog again! I'll try to keep up and post a couple of times a week.
























cute pictures and cute blog! the picture of allan eating is really cool...it makes you want to stop and look at is again.
ReplyDeletei am adding you to my blog list!
Love the family blog! So excited to have a peek into your guys' life out in Utah! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
ReplyDeleteLove it! I'm so excited that your doing this so we know what is going on in your life. Can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteyay! I'm so glad you have a family blog now too! All of your pictures are darling. I'll take that kitchen too!
ReplyDeleteYay for blogs! I'm excited to see pictures of your lives.
ReplyDeleteway cute!
ReplyDelete