Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our Christmas

Just a little belated update on how our Christmas vacation went.

 We went to Texas for Christmas to visit Clay's family. His older sister Ariane and her husband Zane had their newest baby sealed to their family in the temple. You can read more about LDS temples here.

 All of our nephews and nieces. Aren't they adorable?!

 Ariane and her baby Gavin.

 We did a photoshoot on Christmas Eve. Here are some of my favorites from the shoot.















 Best friends!












 Just hanging out at the house. Gavin is SUCH a happy baby! He just can't stop giggling!






 Matt and Haley are competitive! : )



 Okay I had to throw this one ^ in because I just have to brag for a minute. If you know anything about photography you have to appreciate this. I shot this image at 4000 ISO! I literally shot it in the dark (NO FLASH and no tripod). It's amazing that I could even get an image let alone a semi-good quality one! I love my Nikon D700! It is amazing. And Photoshop 5 has great noise reduction too! Okay enough of the nerdy camera talk. Sorry David and Jean for putting up a sleeping picture of you haha. It's cute though!

 On Christmas Eve we did a nativity scene with the kids. They dressed up as wise men and shepherds.





 The kids really look up to Clay : P



 We went and saw Tangled over the break (LOVED it!). It was actually a few of the kids first time ever going to the movie theatre, so that was fun! They all behaved very well although they weren't super interested in the movie.

 Deer in the headlights haha. I surprised her with the flash in the dark theatre.
 Out to dinner. Texas Roadhouse. I really felt like I was in Texas when the servers were line dancing! haha.
 Matt got us tickets to the Rockets game for Christmas. We won! Oh and that's my new sister Lindsey (just got home from her mission). I absolutely love her!

 Gavin learning how to use his legs.


 Pretty flight home. I love the window seat. Clay and I actually missed our flight, so we got to stay in Texas an extra day, which worked out great.

 Kirk got me my favorite thing for Christmas. Chocolate milk! mmmm. This is a special and super yummy kind made in Idaho. Notice the ingredients:  Milk, Cream, Sugar, POTATO FLAKES, Dutch Cocoa. haha. Only in Idaho...

 I'll just say this. It didn't last long!

 Clay built this snowman by himself in front of the front door (which Allan didn't appreciate too much). I thought it was funny.

 I got McKenna a snuggie for Christmas. Couldn't resist.



 BYU basketball game. We love taking Allan's faculty seating : )


So that's about it. Now it's a new semester. Clay will be pretty darn busy with long days at the hospital and lots of papers to write. He's doing his capstone this semester. I ONLY have class on Tuesdays, which is amazing, although I'm still fairly busy with my internship, BFA project, and jobs. Only about 14 weeks till we graduate though!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture of you and Clay sitting down on the road. We all know Clayton isn't the best picture-taker, so it's nice when you actually get a good one! It was so great having you guys here. You did a great job with our photo shoot, and it was so super nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great Christmas! Hang in there girl, you are doing so good! I look up to you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nieces and nephews are so cute! Is that the San Antonio Temple? Dan tells me it is the most beautiful temple in the world. I guess President Hinckley said that too! Dan got me a blue Snuggie for Christmas - he just said he wished he would have got me the Leopard Print Snuggie, so I could match you and McKenna, since Dan, Clay, and Aaron have matching jackets! It looks like you had a fantastic Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete