I LOVE making lists and goals and what not. This year I decided to do something a little bit different. Instead of just making goals for 2011, I decided to make a 30 before 30 list. I'm 21, so I have almost nine years to complete it, which is good because some of these things will take several years to do! I encouraged Clay to make one too, but he didn't want to. Instead, he promised to support me with my list, which is great because most of the things on this list I couldn't or wouldn't do without him. Here it is:
My 30 before 30 List:
1) Have at least two children
2) Get a good start on my coffee table book (that I will publish before I'm 50)
3) Be featured on a famous blog/site/magazine/or show (not sure yet how I want to define "famous")
4) Photograph a birth (plans to do this in March for my cute friend Coral! I'm so excited!)
5) Cook a completely new meal every single day for a whole month
6) Cook a gourmet 5-course meal
7) Make a beautiful, yummy, professional looking layered cake with fondant
8) Go on a cruise
9) Go to at least 3 countries, continents, or islands I've never been to before (perhaps I will knock numbers 8 and 9 off at the same time?)
10) Go to at least 3 states I've never been to before (I've only been to 7 really that I can remember, so this shouldn't be too hard)
11) Go to NYC (Possibly for my 30th birthday/10 year anniversary)
12) Make pottery
13) Meet every person who lives on my street (and in my neighborhood depending on where we live)
14) Get in the best shape of my life (key word: my)
15) Read the entire Old Testament (along with a manual or something, so I can actually understand everything I'm reading. This will probably take quite a long time)
16) Read Jesus the Christ
17) Be comfortable sewing on my own and make several things
18) Get good at doing eyeshadow and actually wear it occasionally
19) Scan all of the photos I've been wanting to scan
20) Take a great photo of lightning
21) See the nutcracker
22) See Wicked
23) Visit a farmer's market
24) Go to a rodeo
25) Make a service jar and put something in it every day for at least a year (so basically do an act of service every day)
26) Reupholster a piece of furniture (actually do it myself, not just have it done)
27) Buy one piece of famous, classic furniture that I'm in love with (ex: Louis XIV Ghost chair by Philippe Starck)
28) See the majority (preferably all) of my best college girl friends almost or every year (this will take some effort on their parts too!)
29) Hike in Moab, Utah and take an incredible photo there
30) Go to the Manti & St. George LDS temples
With me luck with this! I think I can do it!
Those are great goals! You should go to the provo farmers market. That's where I would buy all of my summer produce while living in Provo. As to a cruise...come with us! I've only been on one...but I love it and vow to do more :) And only two kids before thirty? C'mon Kara, you can pump out at least one more ;) Love you girl.
ReplyDeleteI would like to be present for items 4-7.
ReplyDeleteWhat great goals! I will definitely go to Wicked and the Nutcracker with you! Actually, I would love to go on a cruise, travel to more states, countries etc. Good luck! Btw, I love that you didn't say you wanted to be finished having kids by 30.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list! I love this idea, and I think you have fantastic goals. If you want to do 29 & 30 this year, Dan and I will totally come with you! We LOVE Moab and we are already planning a trip there this Spring!
ReplyDeleteI like #28 the best :)
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to learn how to re-upholster furniture! If one of us learns before the other we'll have to give lessons!
ReplyDeleteHi Kara! 18 won't be too hard! Blue eyes like autumnal colors and some pinks. Just start playing around. Just remember the dark colors go in the crease and make sure to get a white/gold color to go right up next to your eyebrows to make your eyes look wide open!
ReplyDeleteYour list looks awesome, I'll have to make one myself. I have a food blog (epicbaker.com) you could check it out to help with #5 and #6 :).