Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Check Ups

Just had another check up (I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow). Baby and I are both doing great, as far as I know. We get to find out the gender in a couple of weeks (Nov. 25th)!! Clay and Ellery will both be able to come, which I'm glad about. I've now gained 2.5 lbs (from my pre-pregnancy weight...7.5 if you count the 5 lbs I lost from being sick, and then gained back). I'm still throwing up most days. It's definitely a "morning sickness" with this pregnancy, which is nice. With Ellery it was unpredictable. I'd throw up any time of the day or night. Now I mostly only throw up in the morning. But like I said before, I feel SO much better in general. I'm back to making dinner and doing more cleaning (not as much as I should...but sometimes the deep cleaning can just wait, right?). I'm also able to go on walks and run errands most days now.

Ellery had her two year old wellness check up the other day. We have a new pediatrician (because we're in a new area), and we really liked her and the nurse and the office. Ellery really enjoyed the doctor's office. She is very much like her daddy. haha. She just sat there quiet and content while the doctor checked her heart, ears, throat, etc. She even laid on the table happy as a clam while the doctor gave her the flu shot. Not even a wince, let alone a tear! Amazing. And of course she liked getting a sucker and a toy at the end. I loved being able to answer "yes" to all the questions like, "can she walk up stairs by herself?" "can she say so many words?" "does she respond to her name?" etc etc. So so  grateful she is growing and developing normally and well, and is perfectly healthy and happy. She did have a minor ear infection in one of her ears that I had no idea about because she showed no signs of it (this has happened once before too). We didn't even pick up the prescription for it though because she seems totally fine, and the doctor said if she seems fine, it will probably go away on its own.

This new doctor does percentiles (her last doctor didn't, so I never really knew what percentile she was for anything). Here are her stats:
weight: 29 lbs (84th %)
height: 34.6 in (66th %)
head circumference: 48 cm (70th %)
I don't remember what her BMI was, but the doctor said it was normal and healthy.

Ellery is talking more and more every day. Here are some examples of conversations she's had lately while playing:

Cinderella toy: You okay?!
Ariel toy: I okay!
Cinderella toy: I sorry!
Ariel toy: okay!
Cinderella toy: Kiss!
Ariel toy: Puppy?


On her play phone:
"Animal! Animal! Fishy? Bubbles! Bye!"

Lamb stuffed animal: Hop?
Bunny stuffed animal: Okay! Hop! Hop!
Lamb stuffed animal: Jump?
Bunny stuffed animal: No jump!
Lamb stuffed animal: No jump?! Hop?
Bunny stuffed animal: Hop! Hop!

And today she said, "Hold you?!" and reached her arms out to me. I've heard of kids saying this. So cute when it's your own! : )

She's also getting good at pointing things out before we even say anything about it. For example, she saw a picture of paint splattered everywhere and said, "MESSY!" She's so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment