Ellery loves riding in fun grocery carts. Too bad ALDI doesn't have cool carts (since that's where we do most of our shopping).
Clay's favorite thing to do. If only he had time to do it more often (although our wallets are happy he doesn't!). He has been very into recipe finding, grocery shopping, and cooking lately.
We took E to her first movie in the theatre-Frozen. She loved it for the most part, but got scared once towards the end of the movie (snow monster!), and had to sit on my lap for the rest of the movie. And then she bolted out after the movie. No plans to go back to the theatre for a while.
Watching Frozen (we brought popcorn!)
And we had our own Frozen day. The weather here is crazy. Snowing and 15 degrees one day and 70s the next (practically). Really, TX? Keeps life exciting, I guess.
Macro snow photo
My little photographer!
Changing baby doll's diaper
Can't wait to see this for real in 9 weeks!
What a good little mama!
I've been nesting big time! Lots of organizing. Boxes and boxes of baby clothes and burp rags and blankets and all that good stuff. So fun to go through.
Sorting the clothes by size. This isn't even close to half of it! We are so spoiled (majority of it is borrowed or we were gifted). Grateful!
Ellery nesting too, apparently...
I had those drawers so perfectly organized...she had to pull everything out.
Sometimes 10 minutes of entertainment is worth 10 minutes of clean up though.
Our crazy dress up clothes.
Ellery particularly likes cowboy things.
I think it's cute : )
Trying out her new fairy wings. And a new hair do!
I finally tackled this dolls dread locks. It took me almost an hour to brush through her hair. I even purchased a wig brush and fabric softener for it (supposedly helps). This doll is wearing a braid from now on!
Sick day : (
E is obsessed with her princesses. I loved finding them in a line like this the other day : )
We went to a trampoline park and Ellery wanted NOTHING to do with the trampolines (she is not a risk taker. She's never loved slides, or anything that feels unsafe).
Instead she found this ramp very entertaining. She ran up and down it for a really long time, and then wanted to go home.
I did eventually convince her to go in the foam pit, but she didn't jump in, and she didn't move once she was in. She just sat by the side until I helped her out. haha.
We've been coloring lots lately. She's getting pretty good at coloring in the lines (as in, we always know what she is attempting to color in, not that it is perfectly within the lines).
Painting : )
My little chef in her apron, playing with the salad spinner.
Found her eating her feet while watching a movie. Yuck. Took a picture and then got it out of her mouth!
I love this picture. She said, "Take a picture of me" and then said "cheese." This is totally not her normal smile, but it's real, nonetheless. What a silly, cutie.
Playing with some girl friends,
Had to add some silly stamps to it : )
Ellery loves babies! : )
She got a little color happy one morning with her bath...
I've taken Ellery to the pet store twice recently. She loves it!
Such a girly girl.
She decided our vacuum hose looked more like a gun/sword...maybe too much Pocahontas...
Helping me with the laundry.
Coloring with Daddy.
Windy, cold day and climbing the stairs at my doctor's office. She can walk down most stairs, but these are pretty steep and lots and lots of steps, so she is very cautious on them.
Likes to hide in the pantry (note her little fingers popping out in the left picture).
Loves taking pictures of herself : )
She brings me PB and honey almost every day. We eat it with bananas. She loves this "treat." This is something I grew up eating, and is sort of a family tradition. She belongs to us!
What else? Clay's school is busier this semester, but he's doing well and keeping up. Still enjoying it : ) We've been busier with church lately, which is good for us. Ellery loves nursery these days. Most of my pregnant sickness is gone. I still throw up here and there, but I'm never nauseous all day anymore. I'm definitely feeling big already, though.
The other day when I put Ellery down for a nap (she only naps about once a week now, btw...), as I walked out of the room, I heard her say, "Heavenly Father!" I came back in and asked, "oh do you want to say a prayer?!" And she said yes. So we prayed. I thought that was so sweet.
She also picked up the term "Stop it" somehow (no idea where). and she likes to say things are "too big."
E goes through phases with tantrums. A few weeks ago, she was throwing multiple tantrums a day (especially when running errands and having to get in her carseat), but she's been really good this last week or so. Maybe it's the transitioning to no naps? Not sure. Overall the "terrible twos" are actually quite fun and not so terrible at all. We just love her more and more all the time (how is that even possible?!).











You are so great at catching the every day moments!
ReplyDeletePlease show these pics to her in her rebellious teen years so that she realizes a hot-pink dye is really not her color.
ReplyDelete