Ellery, you are three years old now! You were so insanely excited about your birthday (especially for your strawberry cake). I don’t think you were disappointed, either! You had a blast and loved your cake and ice cream. Grandma and Grandpa Stevens came for your birthday, and we had a fun week together. You recognize the letter E and the number 3, and always point them out “I start with letter that one! I’m that one! THREE!!” You are still always asking what letter words start with, and you are also very interested in numbers. You love to learn and to read. You love older kids. We now always sit next to a little girl (eight years old) in church (Tiffany Tan), and you LOVE her. She is really cute with you, and colors and plays with you during Sacrament meeting. When she had to go to the stand for the Primary program the other week, you got so sad, “I want my best friend! I want my best friend!” Your other best friend is Kaitlyn. She is almost a year older than you, and does Play School with you. She came to your birthday party (if you can call it that. It was just you two at the trampoline park). You are getting so good on your balance bike! You ride up and down the hills and glide all over. You have scrapped your knee several times recently, and then you refuse to walk or straighten your leg. You love bandaids. You are actually quite pleasant in the mornings now (you’ve NEVER been a morning person before!), when it’s ME that you get up with. If it’s anyone else, you are a mess, but you are happy with me. The only problem is that you sometimes get up way too early. So we just got you an “Okay to wake” light, that glows when it’s okay to get up. The first morning it went well. This morning it did not go well (you woke up at 5:15am hungry because you didn’t eat your dinner). Hopefully you figure it out. Anyway, you always say that morning time is your favorite. You love to tell us that things are your favorite (pronounced like “Fayette”), and what things our our favorites. You told Grandpa and Grandma that “big bite is my fayette” when they gave you a big bite of ice cream. When we say something exciting like, "I have a surprise for you!" you say, "oh/huh?!" in a really cute way with the cutest excited surprised face. The other night in your prayer, you said, “Thank thee for Mom has brown hair. Grandpa has grey hair with black in it.” haha. Sometimes you just tell Heavenly Father things. Your prayers are the sweetest. The other day you told me, “I’m a kid, I’m supposed to have a dog.” and I overheard you say, “I’m a crazy, funny kid!” after pretending there was a frog in your bathtub. I also overheard a funny conversation you had with yourself: “Go up! Him doesn't want to go up! I want him go up! Him doesn't want go up. Oh maaaan! You need to be nice. I want to be bad. You need to be nice OKAAAAY?! Ugh” I love your little play conversations. You are the best. Thanks for always being so insanely sweet to Capri, and for being a good listener, and for being the best all around : ) I love you. P.S. at your 3 year check up you passed with flying colors on all the questions like “When you ask her what gender she is, does she answer correctly?” and “Can she kick a ball?” and “When you say ‘six eight ten nine,’ can she repeat all of the numbers back in that order?” etc. You also did pretty well with your flu shot. You weren’t scared to get it, and you didn’t really cry. You did make a face like, “What did you just do to me?!” though. ha. You are brave. And you weighed 33.5 lbs (75th percentile) and 36.25 in (25th percentile). You are healthy and perfect. (You weighed 29lbs at your TWO year check up last year and 34.6 in tall)
No comments:
Post a Comment