10/20/14
Sweet Girl, I can’t believe you are half a year old! Crazy how time flies. We are all so in love with you. You grew up a lot this last month. You are very active, alert, and playful now. You are a little wiggle worm! You used to always want to be held, but now you often want down. You somehow always manage to wiggle your way to the floor. You are sitting on your own now, except not for long periods of time, and I can’t walk away from you yet, but you are so close! You got your first two teeth this month! Your bottom front teeth. It’s pretty darn cute. Unfortunately you were pretty miserable for a couple of days/nights while they were popping through. You had your first fever of 103.3, and I had to snuggle and nurse you all night long. You are not a snuggly baby, so I definitely knew you weren’t feeling well. But you are all better now, and you look adorable. I hope your top teeth come in more gently. You are still just eating pureed fruits and veggies, usually twice a day (and nursing every three hours). So far you have loved everything I’ve given you besides plain carrots (you ate them, but you definitely had a look on your face like you thought they were disgusting). You have had diaper rash a bit this month, but you never complain when I change you. Except you do still always want to flip over. You only like being on your tummy, which I think is adorable and funny. Probably because Ellery NEVER rolled at your age, and you are never NOT rolling. You sleep through the night now, no problem, and we don’t even have to put the pacifier back in your mouth, usually. You know how to grab and put the pacifier back in your mouth now. You don’t nap as much as we think you should. haha. Which is probably our fault because we don’t go by your schedule (you don’t really have one). And you aren’t napping on the go very well anymore. You love swinging on the swings and going for stroller rides. You still hate your carseat, but you don’t scream at every red light anymore (thankfully!). You aren’t content 24/7 like you often used to be, but you are still patient and pleasant, and you’re just letting us know when you want something : ) You got your first haircut (from Grandma Stevens), just to trim up some of the long pieces on the sides and top. Your bald patches are growing in nicely. ha. Blonde, but not as blonde as Ellery. You can now get up in the crawling position and push yourself backwards a few feet. We think it’s hilarious how you grab toys when we put them in front of you (big open arms and wide eyes!). You particularly like a yellow rubber duck bath toy. You could stay in the bath and suck on that thing all day long. You also seem to really like dolls, and anything with a face. This is such a fun age. Oh and you weighed 17 lb 10 oz (75th percentile) and 26.5 in (75th percentile) at your six month check up. You’ve only gained 1.5 lbs since your four month check up, but you gained 2.5 inches in height!
P.S. I didn't realize when I started doing these monthly photos that Capri would soon get too tall for my font placing. Oops! I'm so not a graphic designer!

No comments:
Post a Comment