1/17/15
Hey Miss Capri, You are such a big girl! I can’t believe you’ll be one soon. We’re already planning your birthday. You haven’t had your 9 month check up yet, but I believe you are about 20+ pounds. You wear mostly 12 month sized clothes. You crawl very fast and all over the place. You don’t like being left alone in a room, so you always follow us out, if we leave. If you are not crawling, you are standing. You love to stand. You still need to hold onto something to balance yourself, but you have no problem getting up and down into the standing position. You make some walking movements, but not a lot yet. You have six teeth (two on bottom and four on top). People often comment on your two teeth (because when you smile you only show your bottom teeth, so they don’t know you have four on top). You’ve had a consistent runny nose since before Thanksgiving. I feel bad for you, because you are not a fan of getting your nose wiped or sucked out. I’m so excited, you are finally showing some interest in books, other than just sucking on them. You like any books that are touch and feel or interactive. You have become a bit clingy and quite the mama’s girl lately. You prefer me to put you to sleep, you reach for me when you see me, and you were absolutely terrible for the last two babysitters we had (screamed the whole time). But if it makes you feel better, Ellery wasn’t any better than you were. You two are obviously not used to being babysat. That’s our fault though, not yours : P You are great in church though. I never have to take you out. You are so happy to play and people watch. You like music. You also like it when we push you on our toy car/push toy. You like to suck on toothbrushes. And you still LOVE to jump on the bed. You love to be outside and you love the park, especially. You are a great eater, and will eat almost anything we give you. I’m going to try to start pushing your nursing sessions farther apart. You nurse every 3-4 hours during the day, and every stinking 3 hours at night! UGH. We’ve really been struggling with nights. You wake up every two and a half to three hours, and you scream and scream until I nurse you. And even then, sometimes you are wide awake and won’t go back to sleep. I’m going to read some books on getting your baby to sleep through the night. Something needs to change. You also aren’t a great napper most days. If we go for a drive anywhere near your nap time, you fall asleep and ruin your naps for the day. You also don’t have a consistent schedule at all, and you often only nap once a day. Regardless of all of that, you are still very sweet and happy natured. It is so fun to watch you grow and discover new things. I love you.
(Update: I wrote this on the 17th, and since then, I've been nursing Capri every 4+ hours during the day with no problem, and only once or twice a night. We had a couple of good nights and one rough one. And you've been pretty good about two solid naps the last few days.)

No comments:
Post a Comment