Clay's sweet grandmother Shurtliff passed away last week. She had been suffering with poor health for a long time, so it was not unexpected. I didn't know his grandmother all that long or well, but from the handful of times I did see her, I discovered what an incredibly kind and beautiful woman she was. She instantly made me feel like I was her own granddaughter, hugging me and kissing me. She was so happy all the time, despite her trials. The funeral service was beautiful and we were very grateful we could make it up to Utah for it.
At our wedding
Clay's grandpa at his grandmother's funeral. I'm glad he got to hold his 44th and newest great granddaughter!
Clay's mother
Ellery loves her Uncle Aaron!
We stayed at my parent's house for the weekend and my dad made DELICIOUS pear cardamom sorbet for us! mmm mmm!
Auntie Nenna! (A soon to be mommy!!!)
Ellery with her great grandmother Skolmoski.
Four generations!
Because we were all conveniently in the same place at the same time for the funeral, we decided to bless baby Ellery in my parent's ward on Sunday.
She looks scared! haha
This is the dress I wore for my baby blessing : )
Aunt Haley!
In the airport
She slept for three of the four flights. The fourth flight she threw up all over everyone and everything. Yikes. and she was fussy. But that's pretty good for a 5 week old baby right? Only one bad flight of four?!
conked.















hahah that last picture of her knocked out on the plane is hilarious.
ReplyDelete