Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life Lately + Photo Dump

Alright, here's my big photo dump from the last two months. I've hardly touched my nice camera since I got sick, so please excuse the quality of these photographs. One day I'll care enough to take an actual "good" photograph again...

Well, Ellery's streak of perfect behavior has come to an end recently. What can you expect from a two year old? She was on such a role. But she's still perfect anyway. She just has a bit of an opinion now and lots of character, which is a good thing. She's gotten more creative and imaginative lately. She does lots of make believe play. She's so fun and always running in circles (literally ha) and singing.

Her vocabulary has gotten quite impressive. Too much for me to write down every word now.

Also, a HUGE change for Ellery:
She no longer takes a pacifier! AT ALL. We put them all away several days ago, and to our great surprise, she did totally fine! No tears. She didn't even ask for it once for a few days, and then a few days later she asked for it, and we explained again that pacifiers are for babies, and she is a big girl now. That satisfied her. What a relief! That thing was her greatest comfort for two whole years!

Oh and I just wanted to note two things because they'll make good memories:
1) Ellery LOVES playing a game where I act out different animals and she runs to Daddy "scared," then calls out a new animal and I change characters. We play this all the time.

2) Ellery loves to dance and her favorite thing right now is dancing to the Sara Bareilles Brave music video.

I'm still sick, but I'm more functional now. I threw up seven times this week, but I was able to go to the store, go out to eat, go to YW and stake conference, even go to a pumpkin patch (pictures to come soon). So overall, it's not fun (AT ALL), but it's bearable. I've been experimenting with unisom (sleeping pill) and B6 lately, which supposedly help with nausea, but it didn't work with Ellery and I don't think it's working with this one either. But worth a try. It definitely makes me sleepy though!

Anyway. Picture time:


This was taken before our pacifier separation..

Just chilling in her favorite spot.



Such a girly girl


She uses that little bottle to feed her babies.

And she takes them to the potty often...ha

Littlest bun



Admiring herself in the mirror.




Typical me lately: no makeup, messy hair, sweats...

My fingernails benefit from this pregnancy though. They are super strong and thick right now.


Playing ball in mommy's heels.




Loves playing with bubbles in the sink.




Had to get in.

First popsicle ever.

New jammies



More new jammies.



She likes to help stir.

That smile!

haha fake smile? I had to capture this outfit. I had already dressed her for the day, and then she decided that she had to wear her Hello Kitty shirt.

Ellery is a very creative dresser.


Lately she likes wearing her tutus.

And THAT smile!! : D haha

She LOVES being pampered. She is very good at holding perfectly still to have her nails painted.



Being goofy and getting nice and chalky.

New winter coat.


Checking the mail.


Loves her sticker book she got for her birthday.

All ready for church.

The ipad causes lots of issues with Ellery. She is obsessed with it,, and throws a tantrum EVERY time she sees it. She loves it but is easily frustrated with it, and throws a fit every time we take it away. Nervous for what will happen when we get iphones this December...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big she looks! And I'm in love with all of her funny faces... such a character :)

    ReplyDelete