Thursday, July 12, 2012

9 Months

Ellery is now 9 months old!
Again, I've been rounding up for weeks, so I feel like she's older than that...
At her doctor's appointment yesterday, she weighed 19.5 lbs and measured 27 inches. Surprisingly, she hasn't gained much weight since her 6 month appointment. She's sure healthy though! And the doctor gave the OK on ANY foods now (besides PB and honey)! WOW! That gives us a whole lot more options. And because of that, I've decided to cut back more nursing sessions (from 5 a day to 4 a day-remember I don't feed her in the night anymore).
We gave her YOGURT for the first time yesterday and she LOVED it.
And then we gave her spaghetti..oh boy was that messy. I pretty much only feed her in just a diaper these days because I can't seem to feed her without getting food EVERYwhere. She can't keep her little hands out of her mouth and then, once covered in food, she rubs them in her hair and all over her face and clothes and everything else.
She is still not "mobile." She crawls sideways and backwards really well, but never more than 5 feet, and she still can't go forward.
She pulls herself up from sitting to kneeling, but not to standing yet.
However, she is now a pro stander! She can stand by herself pretty well if she's holding onto something. Although I still don't dare leave the room with her standing up because she will eventually fall down and she typically falls all the way down, not just on her bum, which results in tears.
She is officially saying "Mama" now! Wahoo! Although she only says it when she is upset or wants picked up, but I'll take it! Nothing melts my heart more than seeing her reach up and say, "Mama."
Oh my. I love my babe.



1 comment: