I forgot to put some updates in my last "Lately" post. So here we go:
As for Ellery's talking:
She is doing really well lately. Even just in the last week we've noticed her talking more. She talks in complete sentences quite often. We understand her words maybe 70% of the time? We're working on getting some words correct. There are a lot of words that she'll leave off the "S" or "R" or "D" etc. So we repeat them until she gets them right, or we move on ha.
Lately, she's very into princesses, so she'll say, "I'm a princess. I'm pretty. I'm Aurora. You're Cinderella. Daddy's Prince Charming." Etc. It's pretty cute. She says, "Stop it." a bit. She says, "Follow me." She went through a week or so phase where she said "oh my gosh." ALL the time, and I cringed every time she said it. We weren't sure what to do about it, so we decided to just not say anything, not say it ourselves, and hope she forgot about it. It worked. She hasn't said it in a while. We're pretty sure she got it from shows (Ariel says it multiple times in The Little Mermaid), but it may have come from us too : /
She called me Kara a few times recently, but we corrected her that I'm "Mommy" and she hasn't said it since hah. Her current favorite song is "Where is Thumbkin?"
She plays independently extremely well, which is nice at home, of course, but not the greatest for play dates, etc. It's fine though. She is shy, and she's intimidated easily by other kids. She is also provoked very easily by other kids. We're working on it. She just doesn't have THAT much interaction with other kids, and especially without me there. Oh and she doesn't talk in front of other people, hardly at all. Only at home or with just Clay and me. Her nursery leader asked us, "Does she ever talk?!" We assured her that she's just shy. She talks a ton at home. She does love nursery though, and they always tell us how good she is.
Her favorite thing is Facetiming with family members. She's always asking to call Grandma, or Grandpa, her new favorite, Kirk, etc. She is sometimes shy on Facetime, especially with Kirk haha, but she loves it.
She is mostly all done with naps. The longest she has gone was about 3 weeks, and then she took a 4 hr nap that I had to wake her up from. She'll go a week or so without napping and then crash for a long nap one day, and then another week without napping. The few days before the nap can be really hard. She just gets so tired! Also, to note, she has slept in "baby sister's crib" a few times recently for her naps. She also LOVES playing in it. A little worried about how things are going to go when baby comes...Ellery likes to say, "Mine," "My Daddy" "My Mommy" (randomly too...) and "Ellery's ____." One thing's for sure, it will be good for her to have a sibling!
I'm mostly over my nausea. I have very little back pain or any kind of pain, other than it's painful down low sometimes...especially rolling over in the night and getting up in the morning. I think baby sits pretty low in me. I'm feeling big, but good! As of last week, I wasn't dilated or effaced at all. I'll get checked again in a few days, at my 38 week appointment. As of right now, I'm scheduled to be induced on my due date (or the night before, depending). I'm feeling good about that because they said this baby is on the bigger side...plus E came naturally on her due date, so I feel confident about due dates. So soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment