Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 by 30 Update


1) Have at least two children (one down, one to go! or more hah)

2) Get a good start on my coffee table book (that I will publish before I'm 50)

3) Be featured on a famous blog/site/magazine/or show (done!)

4) Photograph a birth (done!)

5) Cook a completely new meal every single day for a whole month

6) Cook a gourmet, 5-course meal

7) Make a beautiful, yummy, professional looking layered cake with fondant (almost there!)

8) Go on a cruise

9) Go to at least 3 countries, continents, or islands I've never been to before (two down, one to go)

10) Go to at least 3 states I've never been to before (one down, two more to go)

11) Go to NYC

12) Make pottery

13) Meet every person who lives on my street

14) Get in the best shape of my life (honestly, I could check this off. I weigh less now than I've weighed since probably middle school. I think my metabolism just changed after having Ellery. Nothing I'm doing on purpose, other than just trying to eat a little healthier. I'm also not running marathons or anything, but I never have, so I guess my 30-45 minute walks everyday (walking fast, pushing a stroller) would make this count? However, I'm not going to check this off yet, because I want to stay in shape, and re-get into shape after each baby. I'll make sure this is good right before I turn 30, and then I'll check it off (but always try to be healthy and somewhat in shape)).

15) Read the Old Testament

16) Read Jesus the Christ

17) Be comfortable sewing on my own and make several things (done!) (more on this below)

18) Get good at doing eyeshadow and actually wear it occasionally (done!)

19) Scan all of the photos I've been wanting to scan (done!)

20) Take a great photo of lightning

21) See the nutcracker (done!) (more on this below)

22) See Wicked

23) Visit a farmer's market (done!)

24) Go to a rodeo (done!)

25) Make a service jar and put something in it every day for at least a year

26) Reupholster a piece of furniture

27) Buy one piece of famous, classic furniture that I'm in love with 

28) See the majority (preferably all) of my best college girl friends almost or every year

29) Hike in Moab, Utah and take an incredible photo there

30) Go to the Manti & St. George LDS temples


So I just checked off Sewing and the Nutcracker:

 Just made myself a maxi skirt (Easiest thing in the world. Seriously. Two straight lines! That's it!)

 Made E several pairs of pants out of old shirts of mine that don't fit or I don't wear any more. Also insanely easy. One day I may force myself to learn how to sew a zipper or a button. But for now this works. My main thing with this goal was to get really comfortable using my machine, and now I am! No problems. And honestly, with how many amazing, detailed tutorials there are online and on youtube, I think I could make anything that's in the "easy" category. And that's good enough for me!

 Love that Buddha belly!

 Found a paci!

 Ellery playing with my sewing kit. I found her with this box on her head!


 I made these little black pants out of an old Shade shirt of mine that was too short.





Chocolate on her chin...
She loves stairs!


 Clay took me to see The Nutcracker! It was the real Moscow Russian Ballet. Seriously one of the BEST performances I've ever seen! Some of those dancers were insane! I'm in love.
(and Clay actually enjoyed it too! We love the music.)

Performed at SMU


No comments:

Post a Comment