Ellery is now an official Walker! She took her first steps back in September, and really could have walked a long time ago, but was a little afraid and stubborn. Now she's there and loving it. She walks a little bit like a drunken mummy : ) Pretty cute.
Ellery LOVES necklaces. She'll put anything around her neck she can find (purse straps, sweaters, etc). Such a girly girl! And she's good at putting jewelry on and off herself (she also loves bracelets).
Ellery is still a little naughty every day (I'm sure that will last a while!). She'll dive into the toilet any chance she gets (I think she's only actually touched the water a couple of times. I watch her like a hawk). She also likes to get into the pantry (occasionally we forget to shut the door). The other day I found her with an opened box of lipton onion soup mix, just chomping away on the mix!
She had a rough time with Day Light Savings and sleeping this week. I don't know how one hour difference could make it so awful...supposedly when they are going through big developmental changes it affects their sleep. She's been better the past couple of nights, but for a week there I was pretty exhausted from getting up with her all night long and then being up for the day by 6am.
Speaking of changes, we are all done nursing now (as of maybe a week ago). She really just naturally weaned herself. The only difficult feeding to drop was the morning feeding (the second to last one I dropped). She was super grumpy in the early morning every day for maybe five days. But she's doing much better. She's a happy girl and loves to eat food and drink whole milk and water. She's a great eater, but when she doesn't want food she'll let us know! (She'll eat almost anything, just not when she's not hungry!). She shakes her head "no" and throws her food and bottle on the ground. We're working hard on teaching her not to do that. No progress yet.
So Ellery says, "yes" well (in the correct context too), and shakes her head "no" when she doesn't want something. We try not to say "no" very often (instead we say, "please don't do ___. Do ___ instead." or whatever), so maybe that's why she doesn't say no? Anyway, it's cute. She also knows where her tongue, belly button, and nose are (she probably knows more than those, but those are the ones she points out when I ask her where they are). She makes animal noises every time she sees an animal. The only ones she does correctly are elephant and duck. And sometimes cow. Elephants are definitely her favorite animal. She still says "out" and "outside" and loves being outside more than anything.
Ellery just learned how to toss and ball back and forth. She also likes to hand me things, and I say "thank you." She think it's hilarious when I drop things and say, "oh no!" She loves hide and seek (like under a blanket), and when I chase her and tickle her. She also loves to play in her rocking chair and in her crib (as long as I'm right there haha).
Anyway, this is a long update. Just for journaling purposes : ) Pictures to come soon! And lots of videos one day (when I decide to take the time to edit them!).
No comments:
Post a Comment