Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Hair

Surprise!

I chopped all my hair off!

 Before: way too long, flat (couldn't get any volume because it was so heavy and weighed down), and always in the way!

Me with a ruler.^ I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love (although that was not the motivation for cutting it, I figured it would be nice to do), however, you have to cut off at least 10 inches, which is about exactly what I cut off, but the way the stylist cut it, I wasn't able to donate it (she cut it longer, and then worked her way up, instead of just straight chopping it off at that length). All well..


 Clay loves short hair, so I was excited to surprise him.
He's been telling me to cut it for three years now!
And success! He really likes it!

note: the pictures above are pretty crappy because I'm in between SLR cameras right now (that's a story for another day), so I only have my little throw camera. And these were shot in poor apartment lighting, so the color is not totally accurate.


This is the picture I brought in to show the stylist^. A little shorter, obviously blonder, and more bangs than what I did. The stylist suggested I "ease my way" into that hair. Which is probably smart, so I didn't freak out with the results (I was super nervous to cut it!). But I think I will go even shorter (maybe mainly in the back) next time, and I'm unsure about the color. Basically what she did for me was strip out all the red and gold tones, add a very subtle highlight, and even out my color. Now it's pretty much exactly my natural color, so obviously it will grow out super well, which will be really low maintenance and cheap : ) So for those reasons I may keep it this color, but I just can't help but want blonde. Anyway, I'm happy about it. I think it's cute and a lot more stylish than before. I'm definitely going to have to actually do it every day now, but I think it will be less of a pain than doing it when it was so long. I don't mind doing it, it's just poor miss E has to be patient for an extra half hour while I do it. ha.
Also, the stylist did it curly for me, so I'm eager to see what it looks like straight too. I think I will wear it curly more though because I do have a lot of natural curl, and she showed me how to work with my curl instead of fighting it like I constantly do.

6 comments:

  1. SUPER cute!!! I think short hair suits you! Love the curl, love the color, and love that Clay loves it! :) Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so cute! Way to go for being brave enough to do that! We'll be able to see it in person tomorrow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara! I love it! It has so much body and movement. And is that really your natural hair color?! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it! You are so brave to cut off all that hair. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete