Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ice Storm in TX

I mentioned before, we had an ice storm here the other day. We were trapped inside for days because the roads were literally pure ice. It LOOKS like snow, but it's actually ICE. NOT snow. Pure ice. I've never seen anything like it before.

 We wanted to take Ellery out to show her, but she wouldn't leave the house without her bike! haha.

 You can't really tell in the pictures, but our car was covered with a thick layer of ice. It would have taken a hammer to brake the ice and open the door!


 Aren't I such a good mom for letting her do this?! haha. Don't worry, she went insanely slowly and ditched the bike after a minute.



 Clay handing her an icicle that she clearly did not want! ha

 She slipped and did the splits a few times...(p.s. her coat looks super bulky because she has another coat under it..)

After a day or two the sun came out and made the ice slushy, hence the footprints.

1 comment:

  1. I love how our state shuts down at the sight of snow or ice. It's kind of nice to be home as a family all snuggled up together and spending time together.

    ReplyDelete