Clay has been studying like crazy for finals. He'll be done tomorrow! Wahoo! And can I just brag that he's a straight A student!? I'm so proud of him. Not only is he doing awesome, but he's enjoying it, and he's making lots of time every day for Ellery and me too. He has also been playing the piano a lot lately, which Ellery and I enjoy.
Funny story:
Clay sings in our church choir, and a few weeks ago the choir was performing and Clay was also giving a talk in church, right after the choir number. Ellery loves to sing at the top of her lungs, and usually sings along with the hymns (in toddler language, of course), but because everyone else is singing too, it's not a huge deal. But when the choir sang, and Ellery was the only one in the congregation singing, and SERIOUSLY loudly, just yelling baby talk, it was VERY disruptive. I tried everything to get her to stop, and everyone around us was laughing, so I had to take her out into the hall. I wish I had it on video. It was pretty funny. But unfortunately, she didn't want to go back in after the song, so we had to miss Clay's talk : (
Ellery talk lately:
She often asks, "What?!" with a puzzled look on her face when she doesn't understand something. This is fairly recent, and for some reason I think it's the cutest/funniest thing ever. She just seems so old when she says it!
She will often try her food and then exclaim, "It's yummy!" with a big smile on her face.
She says, "One more time" a lot.
She is very good at saying "Thank you" and "No thank you."
She likes to say, "Wake up wake up wake up!" Like, "wake uh wake uh wake uh" and says it whenever we lay down and she wants us to get up!
She says, "Come here" like "mere" and tugs on our hands.
"I duh" for "I'm done"
She told me "good job" the other day.
She says, "help me."
"Hold you" whenever she wants to be held (this is my favorite. I don't think I'll ever correct her that it's actually "Hold me" because it's just so cute!).
Loves "Old McDonald had a Farm" and sings it really cutely : )
She can count to ten no problem now, typically.
Today we were playing with her big legos, and I realized she finally has the hang of it. She gets the balance thing now. Before, she struggled building by herself because she would try to put big pieces on small, weak foundations, but now she understands that she needs to build a strong base and when something seems wobbly, she'll move it to a stronger area. Fun to watch her learn like that : )
She had her second flu shot the other day and hardly even winced again. No tears or anything. She's a tough girl. She likes the doctors office!
We decided to pull the ipad back out for her again the other day. We had taken it away for maybe a couple of months because she was throwing tantrums whenever we had to take it away. But she's actually been extremely good about giving it up lately, so we've been letting her play on it more. She's very good at the puzzle apps and likes the ABC apps, and the dress up, feed the baby type of apps. She doesn't watch that much TV anymore. But when she does, she only wants Micky Mouse or Minnie Mouse Bowtique. Or if it's a movie, Fox and the Hound or Aristocats (she's seen both of those a billion times).
A few weeks ago in church, she roared like a lion quite loudly at a little boy during Sacrament meeting (playing, not being mean). It was funny. She also roared at a stranger the other day. ha. And in church, I got to feed a newborn a bottle and Ellery helped hold the bottle up and stroked the baby's head. She loves babies and is always very sweet and gentle and excited to see them.
She has been having some sharing issues...and using the word "mine!" in a mean way a lot lately. Hopefully just a phase. Not a fan of that word. Not sure what to do about it. We're trying everything. But other than that, she's the sweetest : ) ha.
She still loves to color, and is doing pretty well with markers lately! She rarely tries to color on something other than paper, and when she does, it's usually because she's been coloring for a long time and is getting bored. She's also getting somewhat good at coloring in the lines! It's always obvious what she is specifically coloring in in her coloring books.
Oh I forgot to mention in my last post about our Houston trip, Clay's parents were dog-sitting for the week while we were there, and Ellery LOVED the puppy and was really good with it. And the dog was small and good with Ellery too. That was fun to watch.
About me:
Overall I'm doing really well physically. Still sick a bit, of course, but feeling pretty good, generally.
I think I have yet to blog or journal about my other pregnancy symptoms (besides nausea), so for personal record sake, here they are:
Well, these symptoms are technically from the anti nausea medicine:
Constipation and headaches! They are very clearly much worse when I take my anti nausea pills (which do cure the nausea). So I've been putting up with nausea more lately to avoid the side effects of the pills. Basically I can't win! : (
Also, lately I've been having this sharp, stabbing, cramp like feeling on my right side. It's very painful but doesn't last too long. We've narrowed it down to the only option that it could be, as far as we know, is my joints stretching and making room for baby. I'll mention it to my doctor next time I go though. It's definitely not contractions, and it's not appendicitis because it does go away and there aren't other symptoms. I did not have this with Ellery. With Ellery, however, I had some back pain (nothing too severe). So far no back pain with this one.
Baby moves A LOT, which I love. It was never painful with Ellery, and so far no pain or discomfort with this one.
We had a giant ice storm here in Texas this last weekend. I'll post pictures soon, but basically we were trapped indoors for days. I was fine with that though, because that meant lots of family time! : ) Church and Clay's school were cancelled because of the weather. The roads were literally pure ice!
I have a new friend in my apartment complex! I'm so excited to finally have a friend that lives by us (I do have a few friends from church now, but they all live kind of far). Her and her husband are both very sweet, good people with two little kids and one on the way. We've done a few play dates now, and I'm really happy to know them!
Picture time:
Left: Ellery was sitting looking at books, eating a sucker, and then I handed her a plate of zucchini sprinkled with parmesan (her fav). She ditched the sucker and ate almost an entire zucchini!
Right: Reading a library book. We've been going to the library every week and getting 20+ books every time. Ellery looks at books all day long the day and the day after we go to the library, and slowly loses interest as the week continues. She still looks at books every day, but those first few days with new books are almost purely reading days!
Some of her reading nooks.
Reading a book before church.
At church, they had the littles make a craft where they were to glue their family members on a plate. Ellery insisted on gluing a baby onto her plate and said, "Dada, Mama, Ellery, baby!" This was the day before we found out the gender. I think E knows what's going on!
It's almost impossible to get a good picture of Ellery before church (sadly, because she always looks so pretty!). She's been sleeping until about 8:15am every morning lately (so nice!), and church is at 8:30am!
Ellery's new favorite spot to play: our bed! In this picture above, she is pretending to sleep.
Wearing Daddy's shirt and dancing on the bed.
We do lots of dancing with Ellery these days.
And cooking too! Cooking with Ellery is usually stressful and always messy! But it's so worth it because she LOVES to help : )
Cutest bun. Wish her hair stayed in a bun for longer than 30 minutes! Also, Ellery didn't used to like apples, but she does now : )
Play food.
Sometimes Ellery wants to eat whatever play food she finds. This day she saw the fake bowl of cheerios and wanted a real bowl of cheerios.
Left: Eating toast in her Repunzel dress. Two seconds before she threw a giant tantrum because Clay took a bite of her toast...toddlers!
Right: One of my favorite Ellery faces! haha. And the shirt just goes great with it : P
Pretending to eat the bubbles in her bath.
Ellery loves hoods.
Sweet sleepy girl.
Playing in her kitchen and being goofy, sitting on an empty box.
Dress up in Daddy's drawer.
Left: Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.
Right: Playing with her Little People Christmas Nativity set. I pulled it out mid November, and she's been playing with it nonstop since. She is in love with Christmas this year. She knows exactly what is Christmasy, which is pretty amazing to me. If she sees anything that is Christmas related, she excitedly yells, "Christmas!" She says, "Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!" and knows Jingle Bells and "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (because she has a stuffed animal that sings it).
Left: I made a little pinterest contraption the other day to keep her busy. It worked for a few minutes ha.
Right: Ellery much prefers to drink out of a water bottle than a sippy cup (for water. She has no problem with the sippy cup for milk).
Left: Ellery pushed boxes over to the dresser, climbed up, and was messing with cords and the TV, until we caught her. Yikes.
Right: Off to "school" with her backpack!





























No comments:
Post a Comment