Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oh Texas-and one of those days!

Yeah, today was one of THOSE days (no naps, fever, teething, whining...). Good thing she's so stinkin' cute. But JUST when I got her to finally fall asleep (early, because of the lack of naps), it began hailing. I'm not just talking a little quick hail, I'm talking GOLF BALLS for what, 20-30 minutes? SMACKING our windows (plus the thunder), of course baby woke up, and then didn't fall asleep again until 8:30pm (PAST her bedtime!). Anyway. The storm:

 [Image stolen from friend on facebook-sorry I didn't ask permission!]
Yeah, lots of damaged cars. Fortunately we only received dents, no broken glass.

  [Image stolen from friend on facebook-sorry I didn't ask permission!]


 The one I took-this baby was split in half after smacking the ground!

 [beginning of the madness]


4 comments:

  1. Such a crazy storm! Are you all going to get your car fixed? I can't decided what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Which part of Texas are you guys in? I served my mission in the McAllen Texas area Spanish Speaking, which includes everything from the south tip of Texas around Port Isabel, South Padre Island, etc, west up the border to Laredo, centrally up to Beeville and Alice all the way over eastward to Corpus Christi. My last Christmas there was in 2004 when it snowed 12 inches in Corpus on the beach and everything, and hail of this nature (in your blog post) was a regular occurrence! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens! I'm glad you were inside!!

    ReplyDelete