Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lately

E's words and phrases lately:

"yellow" (although orange is her favorite)
"sad"
"I hold her"
"cool"
"I cool"
"I stuck"
"choo choo choo" for train
"Go"
"up" and "down" ("down" pronounced "dowe")
"cards"
"trash" 
"all through the town" (from the wheels on the bus song. Sounds pretty accurate)
"sh sh sh" (when the mommy's on the bus say, "sh sh sh" she says it and does the action.)
"tooch" (no idea what this means. She says it all the time.)
"ta da"
"thank you" (she says this one all on her own quite often. I love it.)
"sa" for "sorry" and says it appropriately. Like if she bumps into me, she says, "sa."
"1...2..." (she counts to two ALL the time : ))
"Clay" (she calls him "dada," but the other day I yelled out, "Clay!" so he could hear me outside, and she yelled, "Clay!" too. haha)
"mama dada" This is her favorite thing to say. She is always pointing out mamas and dadas that she sees. Especially in her books.
"up above" (from the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). She sings the song, but the only part that's very accurate is the "up above" part.
"hop" The other day she started "hopping" around the room saying, "hop! hop! hop!" We don't remember teaching her this. We were impressed : )

"Hurt?" (she did the cutest thing. She looked at her teddy bear with a very concerned look on her face, and said, "Hurt?" and hugged it all better)

E: "Ouch" Me: "Did you get hurt?" E: "ya."
She now says "ya" completely correctly and whenever the answer really is "ya" which is SO nice.

The other day she drew an oval and said "oval."
Later I asked her if she could draw an oval, and she did!

"baby"

She is REALLY into babies and babying her baby dolls. It's the cutest thing. She's one good mama! It's amazing how it truly is in her nature to nurture-even at this young age.

Today she brought me a diaper and a wipe and laid down for me to change her (yeah, sounds ready to potty train, right? haha). She also took a clean diaper and proceeded to dump its make believe contents into the toilet, then flushed the toilet and waved "bye bye" to the water...

 We watched our baby friend Caleb several times a few weeks ago. Ellery LOVED it. But she also had a hard time leaving him alone when we put him down for his naps...ha.


 Happy boy

 Ellery got a new book shelf to match her room and keep her books more organized. I love it.

 She loves it too. This is her go to spot in the house!


 E's been SUCH a good eater lately! She even eats salad now!


 More baby love.

Holding our neighbor, Flora Kate. Funny that she wanted to hold her like a baby, and she's not THAT much younger. haha. So cute.

 Dinner with our sweet neighbors. We're going to miss them! We could NOT have been more blessed with the world's best neighbors here in Dallas (in particular, the Marcys next door, Keon and Kierra upstairs, the Brashers practically next door, and the Branhams and the Dedons in our complex. I also love all the girls in the leasing office.).


 Ellery got a new booster seat (this is when we first got it in the mail. It's now at our table). She was feeling left out in her high chair in the corner and kept wanting to join us at the table, so I figured it was time.

 Loves her new spot at the table.

 Ellery before church.

One of my best friends from growing up, Wesley Bird, is in town visiting. Her parents just moved to Flower Mound (about 40 minutes from us), so Clay, Ellery and I drove up for a visit and dinner. I missed her and her big Bird family, so it was great to catch up. Ellery had a BLAST at their house, and it was fun to watch her with Wesley's puppies. I'm not around dogs a lot, so seeing her dogs for the evening, I realized how SIMILAR toddlers and puppies really are. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment