Sunday, July 21, 2013

Potty Training Part III

Well. I gave up. For now.

I did it for five full days and then quit.

I know five days is not very long, but when you are giving it your ALL (100% attention the entire day), five days is a long time. It was a pretty stressful, boring five days.

Here is how it went down:



Day 5 was about 50/50 accidents vs. on the potty.

My conclusion:

She is partly ready and partly not. So what I realized is that if she is partly NOT ready, then WE're not quite ready. I think she would have gotten the hang of it after a few weeks, but they would be miserable weeks and then she would probably revert back on all our trips we're going on and with the transition of our move (my original goal was to have her totally done and trained before all of this, but I think it would have ended up being too close to the move and the trips that she would have reverted). And now that we just went on a trip, I'm glad she is still in diapers because it is so much easier while traveling. I'll just try again in a few months. Maybe as soon as she is able to say, "Mommy, have to go potty/pee pee." But in the mean time, I'm still putting her on the potty to go IF she tells me or if I can totally tell she's about to go. Otherwise I'm not worrying about it.

She really does love sitting on the potty.

 Of course, we were giving her tv shows, books, toys, and other things to keep her on longer...

Lots of liquids to make her go a lot while potty training.

 While we potty trained, we came up with several creative activities to keep her entertained in the house. This is her playing with all her stuffed animals in her crib (she is only allowed to have her pacifier while she is in her crib, which she understands and is fine with).

 Playing with random fun objects, and practicing putting on her big girl underwear.


 52 card pick up



 Bringing all of her clothes from her drawer to the living room.


I even made a web of streamers for her in the hallway. She thought it was fun for about 30 seconds (which is shorter than the time it took me to make it...ha).


Glad it's all over now, and dreading when I have to try again (not my favorite part of parenting!) But hey. Looking on the bright side: quality time with my sweet girl. Not something to complain about!

No comments:

Post a Comment