I'm currently studying the Old Testament using the student manual for the Old Testament course at BYU. I'm loving it. I particularly like learning about Adam and Eve (I'm still only in Genesis). And since this post is about Father's day, I'll say that I am grateful for my own father (I couldn't have a more supportive, loving father), for my father in law (I love my in laws so much. They are just as much my family!), for my husband (the wonderful father of my child), for my Father in Heaven (to whom I owe everything), for all my grandfathers and ancestors (I have such an incredible heritage), and for Adam, our first father on the Earth (they made it possible for me to experience this life, and to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ!).
“Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they
might have joy” (2 Nephi 2:25).
President Joseph Fielding Smith said: “Let’s thank
the Lord, when we pray, for Adam. If it hadn’t been
for Adam, I wouldn’t be here; you wouldn’t be here;
we would be waiting in the heavens as spirits....
“We are in the mortal life to get an experience, a
training, that we couldn’t get any other way. And in
order to become gods, it is necessary for us to know
something about pain, about sickness, and about the
other things that we partake of in this school of
mortality.
“So don’t let us, brethren and sisters, complain
about Adam and wish he hadn’t done something
that he did. I want to thank him. I am glad to have
the privilege of being here and going through
mortality, and if I will be true and faithful to the
covenants and obligations that are upon me as a
member of the Church and in the kingdom of God,
I may have the privilege of coming back into the
presence of the Eternal Father; and that will come
to you as it will to me, sons and daughters of God,
entitled to the fullness of celestial glory.” (In
Conference Report, Oct. 1967, p. 122.)
Anyway : ) Some photos from Father's Day and Clay's birthday:
Excuse the terrible photography and food styling! haha. But I made Clay's favorite sugar cookies for him spelling out DAD.
We went swimming for Clay's bday.
And then Ellery ate some cake while we made dinner (we needed a distraction for her while we cooked...and she still ate dinner, even after eating cake! haha).
We made a South American dinner for Clay (for those who don't know, Clay served a two year mission for our church in Chile, and had a lot of companions from all over South America. He grew to love their food!).
No comments:
Post a Comment