We did the UT Valley Parade of Homes (where you can tour new homes before the owner moves in).
It was SO SO fun! We're at the perfect stage for this kind of thing too, because it's so unrealistic for us at this point in our lives, that it's almost okay to covet because it's really just purely for fun, not an actual longing ha. It's fun to talk about the things that would be in your dream home.
We went with McKenna and Aaron as a double date for my birthday.
Boy, do I miss double dating them! : (
The outside of one of the several homes we went to.
I liked this wall a lot.
One of the many fun play rooms we saw.
These people's storage room was twice as big as our entire apartment! Insane.
White kitchens and dark hardwood floors. Dreamy.
This was cool. They had a little door from their garage to their kitchen pantry, so you can put your groceries directly from the car to your pantry. Or at least, that's what we thought it was for, but then one of the venders told us it was for a new grocery delivering business they have...?
We had to wear booties to protect the carpet and flooring.
Cool backyard (other than it wasn't very kid friendly or private!).
I liked these cabinets and counters. You can't tell very well in the picture, but the cabinets were a cool texture and looked like trees, almost. And the counters sparkled!
This bathroom was upstairs by all the bedrooms. I liked that idea of having two separate toilets and showers in one big bathroom for the kids. That could definitely be convenient when everyone is trying to get ready at the same time!
All of the homes had fun play rooms and little nook/play rooms under the stairs. Most of them had awesome home theatre rooms and indoor basketball courts. Most of them were three stories as well. That's the great thing about Utah-everyone has a basement, so if your home looks like a one story, it's really two, and if it looks like a two story, it's really three!
I forgot about how awesome Parade of Homes are to look at. I love that white kitchen!!
ReplyDelete