Ellery really exploded with new words around 18 months, but hasn't been going at quite the same pace since. She is still saying new words, and the other words she learned before, but it's more like two new words a week now, instead of two or three a day like before. She still only does one word at a time (typically), so no sentences yet.
She has finally almost mastered "ya" (not "yes" haha. Guess that shows which one I say more...). So now she'll actually answer "ya" when the answer is yes, instead of saying "no" and meaning "yes" like she did up until now. Although it's not every time yet...It's still sometimes "no" for "yes." Which is frustrating to her, because then I don't know what she wants...
She says "si" for "outside." She does know how to say outside, but she gets lazy I guess haha.
"ah ga" for "all gone" and "duh" for "done"
"deh deh" for "thank you" (same inflections as how we say "thank you")
She asked for juice perfectly all on her own the other day like "Juice?"
She says "jee" for "Jesus" and always folds her arms and bows her head when she sees His picture. Very reverent : )
When we were in UT, she learned how to sing "Ring Around the Roses" like this: "ree ree ree ree ashes ashes ashes ashes ahh ahh dowe!" It's pretty cute : ) She does it fairly often.
Other new(ish) words: "Kitty" "pool" "orange"
She attempts to repeat back almost everything we tell her to, but it doesn't usually sound right on, but she uses the same inflections we do.
It's amazing that we can understand her so well. I guess that's what happens when you are always with someone and know the contexts of what they are saying.
Oh, and her go to word is "mo" (more), so for example, here is a conversation we had the other day (this is typical):
Me: "Say 'okay'"
E: "mo"
Me: "say 'OKAY'"
E: "k"
The other day I said, "I love you so so so!" and she said, "so so so!" : )
And she says, "show show show!?" When she wants to watch TV.
Other random notes from Lately:
Ellery is always happy to say bye to daddy but not to mommy. I guess she's used to Clay leaving for work and knowing he'll come back. She freaks out when I leave.
We've been swimming a lot lately. So hot here! Ellery has also gotten in the pool in her clothes a few times lately...(no, not fallen in...just gotten in with my permission...). I dunked her the other day, and she did fine. No crying.
We had free pizza at Grimaldie's twice this month because of mine and Clay's birthdays. So yummy and such a good birthday deal!
Also, my sweet visiting teacher brought me flowers and cheesecake for my birthday. So nice.
I had to buy one of those horribly annoying, ugly sun shade things for our windshield in our car, because it's insanely miserable to get into an oven-like car all summer. I also purchased a thing to put over Ellery's car seat so the buckles aren't on fire every time we get in.
She's really been enjoying her legos lately. She spent almost 45 minutes building these towers the other day. She was super concentrated the entire time, and didn't even notice me taking pictures.
P.S. She did these tall towers almost all by herself! I just helped a TINY bit : )
Knocking it down.
Being silly.
Dancing with baby Jane.
Giving baby Jane a piggy back ride.










No comments:
Post a Comment